Monday, May 11, 2026

In re: The List released by the Uttar Pradesh state government promoting vegetarian dishes on a district wise basis.

The Uttar Pradesh state government has the right to release such a list. Politicians have to cater to motivations of the people who vote for them – in this case the delightfully lovely Vishwa-Gurus.

Practically, this list does not hurt anyone. For instance: I go to Kanpur Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh often. The dishes promoted for that District are – ‘samosas’, ‘laddoo’ and ‘malai makkhan’. Nobody is forcing any visitor to eat any of these dishes. I would obviously want to eat ‘samosas’ there but I am absolutely disinterested in eating ‘laddoos’ or ‘malai makkhan’.

What I really like eating in Kanpur Nagar are buffalo meat kebabs & the release of this list does not in any manner prevent me or anyone else from doing so.

I would obviously oppose unreasonable bans on meat consumption in Uttar Pradesh or anywhere else.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home