Tuesday, May 12, 2026

In re: Destination Weddings

The Prime Minister recently advised Bharatiya peopleS to avoid destination weddings abroad.

While the reasons cited by him are legitimate, I have always been against the concept of destination weddings whether in India or abroad for the reason that irrespective of what one's economic level, it restricts the number of guests. People who you would have invited locally get to know & realize they are less important than others who they may also know - this happens even if you have some lower end 'function' locally.

It harms you socially & work wise.

PS: I am in favor of letting certain people who I dislike knowing that I dislike them & have often coordinated things to ensure that they get to know that. However destination weddings go beyond that & destroy tier 2/3 level relationships which one needs in life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home